Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Trust

Trust. Regardless of circumstances. So hard to say and live: "O God, take me, break me, make me." It occurred to me several years ago that spiritual health/healing often comes about through physical illness/suffering. My body is so broken, but is my soul broken and contrite before the Lord? Am I surrendering fully to His will and plan for me? I am certainly in the storms of life...curious to see what God is preparing me for.

"Some of the storms of life come suddenly: a great sorrow, a bitter disappointment, a crushing defeat. Some come slowly. They appear upon the ragged edges of the horizon no larger than a man's hand, but, trouble that seems so insignificant spreads until it covers the sky and overwhelms us. Yet it is in the storm that God equips us for service."
"No man is made until he has been out into the surge of the storm and found the sublime fulfillment of the prayer: "O God, take me, break me, make me.""



Copyright © 2018 by Stef. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment