Monday, January 1, 2018

Farewell 2017, Welcome 2018: A New Year, a Fresh Start

The end of a year provides a good time to reflect over how the year has gone, what victories were won, what struggles endured, what challenges solved, what difficulties still to be surmounted. 2017 was challenging for me, containing multiple unexpected discoveries. From new diagnoses, to new surgeries, to new location (moving out of state), to having to find/create a new support network, to new injuries, to new car accident, etc., the year was difficult. However, it also had its good times, its victories in the midst of the hard things. I know I learned much through the challenges, and am prepared for things to continue. The new year offers a great opportunity to make a fresh start and I hope 2018 is calmer. There are some suspected challenges ahead, but most of the future is completely unknown. I am in a position of nearly complete dependence on others for multiple things.This is hard for me, but a reminder that I am completely dependent on God for all. I pray I am able to look to God to carry me through the difficulties, give wisdom for pending decisions, provision for daily needs.
“Wherever you are, be all there! Live to the hilt every situation you believe to be the will of God.”
― Jim Elliot


"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."2 Corinthians 5:17 (KJV)
"Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."Philippians 3:13-15 (NIV)
Happy New Year! Welcome 2018!
Copyright © 2018 by Stef. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment