Saturday, September 3, 2011

Questions...

To pray for healing or not? For myself or for others? How do I know when it is God’s will for me to ask healing for myself or another. How do I know God is finished using brokenness to fulfill His purposes? These are questions and thoughts I have struggled with before now (see these posts). The readings a week or so ago simply brought all of this to the forefront again. I think the key is being so close to God that I am in tune with His will. How do I do this? Full surrender to Him, full trust in Him. Letting go of all else. Looking to God and God only for security and help. What does full surrender look like? I am not sure as I don’t think I have ever fully gotten to the point of 100% full surrender. What is surrender? Surrender is none of me and all of God. How do I get to that point? Let go and stop trying…completely stop trying. This seems so simple, yet I find it so difficult. As someone who has always been independent, it is hard to completely let go of all control and become 100% dependent on another-God. I know He is far more capable of managing my life than I am. Yet, this “knowledge” has yet to reach my heart resulting in true surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment