Friday, September 9, 2011

UNMC Week 2 Update

I have now completed 2 of the 3 weeks at UNMC. It is exciting to see God at work-even when it is often a challenge to submit wholeheartedly to the changes He asks.

This week has gone better. I feel like I have been able to incorporate more of the things I am learning. I had one really good afternoon with pain levels the lowest they have been in months...followed by a very not-so-good-day the next day. Even with the bad day, I was excited to have had a relatively good day. I am working to reduce the amount of medication taken for pain...only just beginning this process, so I have yet to see how things work out.

I am doing a lot of thinking about what healing means. Does healing mean being made whole physically? Or, is healing more about being made whole spiritually? If the latter, it is possible, even probable, that physical pain and illness are part of the healing process.

2 Corinthians 12:8-10 (NKJV)
Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then am I strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment