Saturday, August 21, 2010

Quiet Time Thoughts

Below is what I read last night and some of thoughts that went with it.

From Daily Light on the Daily Path by Jonathan Bagster

http://www.mun.ca/rels/restmov/texts/dasc/DLDP0820.HTM

If thou faint in the day of adversity, thy strength is small.

He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.--My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.--He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him.--The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee.

I looked for some to take pity, but there was none; and for comforters, but I found none.

Every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, . . . who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; so also Christ, . . . though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; and being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him.--Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows.

PROV. 24. 10. Is. 40. 29.--2 Co. 12. 9.-- Ps. 91. 15.--De. 33. 27. Ps. 69. 20. He. 5. 1, 2, 5, 8, 9.--Is. 53. 4.

I read this last night while in a lot of pain. I could not even write my thoughts on it I hurt so much. But, it also really spoke to me. It was both encouraging and convicting.

Copied from my journal-written this morning for last night:

God gives strength, grace. His grace is sufficient! My weakness is an opportunity for His strength to show! I must not give up. (These are written 8/21/10 am because I was in so much pain last night when I read this that I could not write. Nonetheless, I was encouraged, even excited at how well it all fit.)

Rejoicing in God's faithfulness and goodness in every situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment