Thursday, August 5, 2010

God is Good!

God is so good! My readings one evening were so fitting for the circumstances. I just have to share!

Let your requests be made known unto God.

ABBA, Father, all things are possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt.--There was given to me a thorn in the flesh. For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities.

I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble.--Hannah . . . was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore. And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and . . . and wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life. . . . The LORD remembered her.

We know not what we should pray for as we ought.--He shall choose our inheritance for us.PHI. 4. 6. Mar. 14. 36.--2 Co. 12. 7-9. Ps. 142. 2.--1 Sa. 1. 9-11, 19. Ro. 8. 26.-- Ps. 47. 4.

The above is copied from Daily Light for July 28 in the evening. (http://www.mun.ca/rels/restmov/texts/dasc/DLDP0728.HTM)

My comments after reading (copied from my journal):
Wow! I cried when I read... Today was long and it got hard. I was tired of pain and limitations... All these verses spoke to me.

It is so exciting to have a God how knows, loves and cares. He knows how I long to be free from pain. How I long to be able to do things again-be "normal." Yet, he has used these exact things to teach me some precious lessons. In ALL, God is sovereign, faithful, loving, good!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for that encouraging post!! Just what I needed to read today

    ReplyDelete