Monday, April 1, 2013

Homemade Guacamole


This recipe is one my mom sent me last spring (with a few minor adaptations).  I have made it several times since then.  Fresh, homemade guacamole with fresh, homemade tortillas makes an amazing snack!

2 ripe avocados
2 T chopped onion (or ~1 t onion powder)
2 T sour cream (or plain yogurt)
1 small clove garlic, crushed (or ~ 1/8 t garlic powder)
2 t lemon juice

½ t salt

Beat till smooth with electric mixer.  (Or mix in blender.)  Place pits in until time to serve. (I don't know if this really helps keep it from turning brown.)  Just before serving fold in 1 finely chopped tomato. (Or garnish with tomato rather than folding it in.)

I use the blender for this recipe and it works great.  I have switched to using plain yogurt in place of sour cream and the yogurt works fine for this recipe as well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment