Saturday, August 6, 2011

Resting

The following is from my quiet time this morning.

Jesus Calling by Sarah Young
“When things seem to be going all wrong, stop and affirm your trust in Me. Calmly bring these matters to Me, and leave them in My capable hands. Then, simply do the next thing. Stay in touch with Me through thankful, trusting prayers, resting in My sovereign control. Rejoice in Me-exult in the God of your salvation! As you trust in Me, I make your feet like the feet of a deer. I enable you to walk and make progress upon your high places of trouble, suffering, or responsibility.” Job 13:15 (NKJV); Psalm 18:33; Habakkuk 3:17-19 (AMP)

Job 13:15 (NKJV) “Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him.”
Psalm 18:33 (NKJV) “He makes my feet like the feet of deer, And sets me on my high places.”
Habakkuk 3:17-19 (AMP) “Though the fig tree does not blossom and there is no fruit on the vines, [though] the product of the olive fails and the fields yield no food, though the flock is cut off from the fold and there are no cattle in the stalls, Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation! The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]! For the Chief Musician; with my stringed instruments.”

My thoughts:
This is so encouraging and appropriate. It feels like I am problem-solving all aspects of my life. I also struggle to always trust God fully and never doubt. Doing the next thing has been a theme for me this year as things have not fallen into place as anticipated. I have learned to let go of my plans and agenda and accept God’s plans and agenda for me. When things do not cooperate, I move on and do the next thing I am able to do. I have let go of planning the future out in detail. I still have goals and dreams and am still working toward them, but I have no defined time frame. Instead, I am doing things as they come and as I have strength. He gives strength as needed for the next step He sets before me. Learning to follow step-by-step is not easy when I have always preferred to know the full plan, end destination, and all details. He reminds I do know the end destination-eternity with Him! What more could I possibly ask? He gently leads me in His perfect ways and only asks that I trust Him in absolute surrender to his will. There is no cause or foundation for fear or doubt. He is faithful and loves me in spite of my failures.

No comments:

Post a Comment