Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year!

A chance for a new beginning. An opportunity to put the past behind me. There is a fine line between learning from the past and dwelling on the past to the exclusion of the present…and future.

Today has not gone as intended. But then, I can’t remember the last time a day did go as planned. This is just another opportunity to learn to be more flexible.

The past few weeks have gone so fast, yet not fast enough at the same time. So many changes have taken place many of which I am still struggling to adjust to. The Lord has been opening some doors and I am following. I am curious to see where He takes me. He has given new hope. There are so many unknowns in the future and so many decisions that will need to be made at various times. I am in a position that makes it impossible to plan very far ahead at present. Since I am ordinarily one who prefers to have everything planned ahead to the last detail this state of things has been a growing point. Learning to let go of my vain attempts to control things and instead follow God’s lead is hard for me. I love to know what will happen next. God loves to teach me ever more about absolute trust! He already knows and has my future fully planned. I simply must follow Him.

2 comments:

  1. "He already knows and has my future fully planned." Amen--but how easy it is to think that we're better future-planners than God. Ridiculous, but true.

    May God give you the grace to trust Him in each new step.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LuAnn and I are praying for you. ♥ ken

    ReplyDelete