Monday, January 24, 2011

Encouragement

I was in tears during my quiet time this morning as it was just so appropriate. I am reading Jesus Calling by Sarah Young. It was given to me by my parents for Christmas this year and has been just what I needed. This morning’s reading had to do with spiritual blessings coming through trials and to rejoice in adverse circumstances. God gives peace regardless of the situation. As I was finishing reading, I received a message from my dad saying he had sent me an email and wishing me a great day. The email had a devotional thought that was also really encouraging and fitting. I was in tears again. It struck me how God is my heavenly Father and cares even more deeply than my dad-which is hard to imagine. It also struck me how just as my dad loves me and can send encouragement from a distance, God can reach me anywhere. It was such a refreshing time this morning after a discouraging evening and night. Below is part of the message from my dad. It made my day!

The Mind of God Toward You

There is never a time
when you're not in His thoughts,
never a time without grace,
never a time when He turns away
from any need you face.

There is never a time
when you're not in His heart,
never a time without love,
never a time when you're not blessed
with good things from above!

How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I wake, I am still with Thee. Psalm 139:17-18

Excerpt from the devotional gift book Always Loved by Roy Lessin (from DaySpring)

God is good beyond comprehension! As things go “wrong” or fail to resolve, I see ever more of His hand orchestrating things in ways I could not have believed possible. I have every reason to trust, so why is it so hard? The lessons He is teaching me at present are such that I would not trade. He is softening me. It seems as if I end up in tears during my quiet times every morning. Something always reaches me right where I am struggling and brings both conviction and comfort. He is showing me new depth and excitement in His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment