Saturday, July 8, 2017

Medically Complicated

I have been told I am medically complicated by every medical provider who has ever provided care for me. I guess, that means at least I am consistent?  Anyway, Facebook Memories provided an interesting view from over the years. (There are fun memories as well, it is not all medical.)

This is from one week post-op hip surgery a year ago:
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me. 1 Corinthians 15:10
STEF-ONLYBYGRACE.BLOGSPOT.COM

Mayo Clinic trips over the years:
I am back at Mayo Clinic again. The appointment this morning seemed to go really well. They have me scheduled for several more appointments and testing. However, not all the appointments are for this week. I am going to try to move all the appointments up to this week if at all possible. However, this is dependent on Mayo having cancellations.
Please pray that I will be able to get all appts moved up, or that I am able to figure out all the other schedule conflicts if not. (Next week I have 2 classes and 8 other medical appts in Ames that will need rescheduled; or conflicts the end of the month for a couple other Mayo appts.)
Prayers would be greatly appreciated! I travel to Rochester, MN tomorrow for an appt. at Mayo Clinic. Travel is difficult for me, so prayers the trip goes smoothly are coveted. Also, I have not found anyone to go to the appt with me. Please pray for mental clarity for me that I am able to grasp all of the information I am given and also that I am able to clearly communicate all that is necessary to the physician(s). Please pray especially for me that I will be able to advocate for myself and also be able to accept whatever the outcome. I am so hopeful for answers and help, yet so apprehensive as no one else has been able to find answers or help.

I am grateful for the care I received from Mayo Clinic; however, they never figured anything out. They ruled out a lot of different things--some had been suspected, others not even suspected prior. They missed some major clues.  I saw numerous specialties: Gastroenterology, Neurology, Cardiology, Gynecology, Endocrinology, Sleep Medicine, etc.  But, no one ever thought to see if they could connect the puzzle pieces. Confirmation of a connective tissue disorder years later finally connected all of the pieces. In some ways the diagnosis simplified matters--one diagnosis explaining many symptoms.  In others, it further complicated things--there is no cure, just best attempts to manage symptoms.  I prefer to view it all as a challenge, something to learn how to manage well...some day...hopefully.

Copyright © 2017 by Steph. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment