Friday, June 18, 2010

Made it!

I made it! I made it back to Lincoln for the weekend. I had to come back to get some things taken care of. I was looking forward to coming back and seeing family and friends. But, I was apprehensive (fearful) to come back because of the drive. I had not driven outside of Ames in months due to neck and back pain. Also, I am not supposed to drive while on the prescription muscle relaxer. Notice how many times "I" appears in the previous sentences? That was precisely the problem. I was thinking of human resources and getting bogged down in fear based on my reliance on medications and therapies. I did communicate my fears to my family and friends and asked for prayer for the trip. Focusing on God's goodness and faithfulness helped! Instead of worrying, I thanked Him for giving me the gift of pain. He has taught me so much over the past few months-lessons I would not trade for anything (and would not have learned any other way). I did refrain from taking the muscle relaxer the day I drove back. God was faithful! I made it back without anyone having to come and get me! Praise the Lord! Yes, I was on very high doses of both Tylenol and ibuprofen and stopping to stretch as often as possible. The last part of the trip was not pleasant, but by giving thanks to the Lord for His goodness and praying for others, the time passed. The Lord brought me safely home with pain that was still in the relatively "manageable" range. Once home, I could take the muscle relaxer and start to bring things back under better control. I'm so grateful for a loving, supporting family and a God Who has everything under His control! So, it was not in myself that I made it back, but due entirely to God's grace that He brought me back safely!

No comments:

Post a Comment