Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Easy Tomato Soup Recipe

I grew up having tomato soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. I still love this combination but my body does not love canned soups. I just went without....until this idea. This is just as fast and easy as canned soup.

Easy "Homemade" Tomato Soup
1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
pinch black pepper
pinch celery salt
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
salt to taste
1 1/2 cups milk

Heat all ingredients except milk together, whisking to mix. Add milk last, heat through.

This recipe can be easily multiplied. I have made a double batch and I am sure it can be tripled just as easily. This can be made on the stove top or in the microwave. I sometimes do not add the milk at all, but rather add milk to preference when serving.

The amounts of chicken broth and milk are based on preference. All chicken broth and no milk works great. If no chicken broth, it may work better to use 1 cup of water for the first step, then stir in 2 cups of milk later. I also sometimes do not measure how much liquid I add, so sometimes the soup so thicker, or thinner than other times. If I add milk too early it curdles.  The soup is still OK and tastes fine, just looks weird.



Copyright © 2018 by Stef. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment