Sunday, November 20, 2016

Life is Rarely Boring

This past week has been difficult, but not from anything related to surgery.  I had gone into the weekend with far worse pain than usual from what I was suspecting to be a reaction to the new medication. However, Monday, the prescribing physician was surprised at the reaction and did not think it cause and effect, thus asked me to give it another try. Second try also resulted in dramatic exacerbation of the pain. Thus, the medication was stopped.  It took the majority of the week for all of the effects to clear.

The medication reaction set things back with PT and rehab as pain was so high it was hard to want to move very much. PT checked and my hips and body were still able to move and respond well and not acting like a normal flare (she has seen me through several so knows what is normal for me), so she also really thought it was a reaction to the new medication and not an actual flare.  She did back me off exercises as she could tell I was not doing well.  By later in the week when the reaction was finally mostly resolved, she increased things back up.

I had been so excited about finally making progress again last week after the injection only to end up with another week long set back from a medication reaction.  Sigh.  Sometimes, I feel as if no matter what I or those supporting me do, I cannot win. Anyway, I am grateful that the reaction effects have cleared and I am back to "normal" baseline pain levels again.  I never thought I would say I was this grateful for the usual pain. I am also grateful that the non op hip is finally cooperating!  It is handling strengthening exercises, handling more weight bearing, handling sitting, standing, etc.  Finally!  It is still weaker than op hip, but we are at least able to work on strengthening it.

I am currently looking forward to a bit of a break.  Life in general has been rather more "interesting" than I prefer.  I am ready for quiet and rest.

Matthew 11:28
Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Copyright © 2016 by Steph. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment