Saturday, October 1, 2016

Oven Roasted Potatoes

The only way I have ever roasted vegetables before today was with roast beef or roast turkey.  I had 5 pounds of potatoes that were still fine but really needed to be used up sooner rather than later and none of the usual means of fixing potatoes sounded interesting.  So, I decided to try roasting them.  I started with no recipe whatsoever.  Just 5 pounds of potatoes, a glass baking pan, olive oil. seasonings, and an idea.

Oven Roasted Potatoes

potatoes
olive oil
garlic powder
onion powder
dried parsley
salt to taste

I did not measure anything at all.  I used the entire 5 pounds of potatoes (minus one potato that looked iffy), scrubbed the potatoes, cut them into smallish size pieces.  I drizzled olive oil in the bottom of the pan and sprinkled the seasonings over that, added a layer of potatoes, more oil. more seasonings, more potatoes, etc. until the pan was full.  I baked them at 400 degrees, stirring every time I remembered to do so, and until the potatoes were tender and browning.  Super easy! Also, really yummy!

Next question: what am I going to do with 5 pounds of roasted potatoes??  Actually I can think of lots of things--as a side dish, in egg skillets, to snack on, etc.

Life is rarely boring when one cooks without recipes and from random ideas. :)



Copyright © 2016 by Steph. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment