Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Trust and Confidence

Trust: in the midst of what seems to be chaos
When it seems like all of life is out of control, it is really an opportunity to choose to remember Who is truly in control-of all. It is painfully apparent that I have no control over any aspect of my life. For someone who prefers to have everything under tight control, this is a difficult admission. However, it is also a necessary step to realize that I have no control and must rely fully on God, the Sovereign over all. It can be scary to admit lack of control…and to yield to allowing another to run things. What I read this morning was dealing with this specific concept. Instead of resenting the difficult days, I need to be grateful for them. They remind me that God is my strength, my confidence. He enables me to not only survive difficult days, but to victoriously conquer the challenges. (Readings were Jesus Calling by Sarah Young and Zechariah chapters 4-9.) Zech. 4:6b “Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit saith the LORD of hosts.”

1 comment:

  1. I should be in bed, but wanted you to know I've been reading these recent posts and praying with and for you. I've also been sharing your posts with some dealing with chronic pain. May the Lord be glorified in your life, no matter how much the pain. You're an encouragement to me and to oh so many others. Yielding isn't easy in these bodies of flesh, but the Lord desires us to do so, in HIS strength. It doesn't come naturally. Bless you, Steph. luvinChrist, ken

    ReplyDelete