Thursday, March 22, 2018

Today: Personal Victory!

I know I just posted an update. However, I was pretty discouraged with the shoulder scenario--even though hips were doing well. I have been in a massive flare--far beyond normal for flares, miserable, fighting to find something positive in the midst of the mess.

Today was gorgeous. This evening, I went for a nice walk with my sister and cousin. The walk was along the top of the dam along the lake near where my family lives. This has always been my favorite place to walk here as you can almost forget you are in the middle of the city. We walked the full length of the entire dam (~3.75 to 4 miles?). I ran part of it--very short distance, carefully, not full speed. But, it felt amazing! (This is first run in over a year, and first time walking this path in a few years!) I have had such a rocky recovery with the shoulder issues, move, acute injuries after the accident, etc. The walk/run this evening was such an encouragement! Grateful!

Holmes Lake!

Copyright © 2018 by Stef. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment