Sunday, June 26, 2011

Encouraging Thoughts June 26, 2011

To be honest, I am really struggling with some things at present. Things are not going very well in multiple areas. These can be very discouraging and it is requiring moment-by-moment decisions to choose to cheerfully work through these challenges. I am not always successful. :( I was very encouraged today with the following sets of thoughts. God knows what I need before I do and well before I ask. He is good beyond comprehension!!!

What I read this morning and the thoughts that accompanied:

Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:
“Stay calmly conscious of Me today, no matter what. Remember that I go before you as well as with you into the day. Nothing takes Me by surprise. I will not allow circumstances to overwhelm you, so long as you look to Me. I will help you cope with whatever the moment presents. Collaborating with Me brings blessings that far outweigh all your troubles. Awareness of My Presence contains Joy that can endure all eventualities.” Psalm 23:1-4 (NKJV); 2 Corinthians 4:16-17

Psalm 23:1-4
“The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me to lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside the still waters. He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness For His name’s sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.” (NKJV)

2 Corinthians 4:16-17
“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” (NIV)

My thoughts:
God is so good! This was so encouraging and appropriate. I have been struggling to joyfully, gratefully accept another not-so-good surprise with my health-or lack thereof. I had already been meditating on 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 and also that God is always with me, yet goes before me. There is no cause for worry or for fear. Instead, I must choose to yield with absolute surrender and complete trust. God brings peace and joy!

Then, the following came in an email this afternoon:

God's Hands

Today is in God's hands and so are you.

His hands are strong and will uphold you;
His hands are great and will enfold you;
His hands are gentle and will embrace you;
His hands are protective and will cover you;
His hands are reassuring and will quiet you;
His hands are powerful and will defend you;
His hands are parental and will train you;
His hands are masterful and will conform you;
His hands are compassionate and will care for you;
His hands are healing and will renew you;
His hands are calming and will comfort you;
His hands are giving and will bless you.

The hands that hold you will never let you down.

-Roy Lessin, DaySpring co-founder and writer

Rejoicing in God’s love and goodness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment